Art and culture inspire us, bring us together and make our communities and economy stronger. They give us opportunities for self-expression and are an essential part of individual and community well-being.
Understanding the impact of arts and culture on our community, Dufferin County, the Town of Caledon and the Town of Erin are funding a project to develop an arts and culture framework in Headwaters. The project will be managed and executed by Headwaters Tourism, following much of the same format as their award-winning work in equine sector development.
The scope of work for the project includes:
- Create a web-based industry portal and content management website to serve as the “hub” for all sector related undertakings, including a comprehensive database of:
- Arts & culture assets (including events) in Headwaters
- Industry resources (regional, provincial & national)
- Develop and launch an industry communications strategy to engage stakeholders and encourage collaboration and knowledge transfer
- Compile arts & culture sector data and reports to create an economic impact summary for sector business case development.
CALL FOR PARTICIPATION
We encourage all artisans, arts and culture businesses and organizations, and all heritage groups to help us build a robust database, by adding your information for inclusion in the database. This database of arts and culture assets will give exposure to each individual artist, group and business in our region and, when viewed as collective, will serve to raise the profile of the entire region as a destination for arts, culture and heritage.
For further information please contact Vicki Sword, Project Manager.