Digital Media Specialist Position
Under the general direction of the Director of Marketing & Communications, the incumbent is responsible for the planning, development, execution and evaluation of the Headwaters Tourism social and digital media content and strategies – including web and digital communications – to enhance the Headwaters public reach, community engagement and reputation.
- Developing and executing an annual social & digital media plan with related promotional campaigns, content and strategies in coordination with the department’s editorial content plan and calendar.
- Creating and editing digital content and templates, overseeing and maintaining the Headwaters Tourism social media accounts, and identifying new opportunities for social media channels, content, campaigns and strategies.
- Insights on matters related to social media content, strategies and platforms as well as training and expert knowledge of best practices in digital content and production and proactively creating and/or coordinating the development, cataloguing and evaluation of digital content including electronic newsletters, videos, photography, templates, presentations, infographics, podcasts and other assets.
It is required that this role works to develop resources and aligns and manages media and protocols around Headwaters Tourism goals and initiatives and driving increased use of and engagement with the Headwaters Tourism digital properties among key organizational partners, and realizing communications objectives.
The incumbent also monitors and evaluates the Headwaters Tourism digital communications content and channel activities, and report on the effectiveness of our digital communications plans to ensure that our online communications best reflect the Headwaters Tourism vision, mission, brand and strategic priorities.
Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, digital media or related field or an acceptable equivalent combination of education and education.
Experience: Minimum five (5) years’ recent and related experience in public relations and digital communications. Proven experience developing social media and digital communications plans. Experience developing and managing social media content, communities, campaigns and strategies. Experience writing and editing web and social media content. Technical and strategic experience with website and electronic newsletter design, functionality and content management.
Professional experience managing a variety of media and social media platforms (e.g. YouTube, Facebook, Instagram). Experience using social media to communicate with target audiences.
Experience writing and editing content for news stories, videos, presentations, web and social media. Experience using video for disseminating timely news and story-telling. Experience and understanding of best practices in accessible, user-centered design and content creation.
Experience working with many varieties of databases and producing detailed reports on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis to make recommendations towards improving workflow/procedures/protocol.
Proven experience in strategic planning, monitoring and evaluation.
- Superior written and oral communication skills, with a thorough understanding of the best practices in accessible, user-centered online writing and content creation; advanced investigation, writing, editing and interviewing skills for various formats. Strong story development and project management skills.
- Solid interpersonal skills and ability to communicate clearly and persuasively with both technical and non-technical staff and faculty members. Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Exceptional computer skills and expertise in software applications for word processing, web publishing and design. Good command over HTML 5, CSS, Illustrator, Photoshop, Flash, Final Cut or Avid and dynamic web languages.
- Must have a passion for social media and digital communications and the ability to effectively steward the Headwaters Tourism positioning and brand though its digital channels.
- Must be creative, resourceful and solutions oriented. Demonstrated judgement and initiative.
- Ability to set and manage priorities and keen attention to detail.
- Commitment to excellence and to the Headwaters Tourism reputation, values, vision and priorities.
- Exceptional client service orientation and evidence of effective teamwork.
This is a part-time position (24 hrs/week) and can be based out of the Orangeville Ontario offices
Please include a cover letter with your application.
Headwaters Tourism is a not-for-profit, multi award-winning destination marketing organization representing the rural Headwaters region of Ontario and providing tourism services on behalf of the regional tourism industry and on behalf of the municipal partners in Dufferin County and the Towns of Caledon, Mono, Shelburne & Erin. Through innovation and vision, Headwaters Tourism has become a provincial and national leader in tourism destination marketing and management and is raising the bar for rural tourism development.
Job Type: Part-time
- Social Media Marketing: 5 years (Required)
Send resume & cover letter to: email@example.com